As you may have gathered from my last post, I was not very productive on my two-week vacation. It happens. Sometimes I need a break from any kind of serious thinking so that I can happily function in my every day life and get my shtuff done on the reg. My creative juices and my writing skills were on vacation right along with me this week.
Since I didn’t do a ton, I don’t have a lot to talk about…but I do have a few things I would like to say before I go back to the grind.
1. I could never be a stay-at-home blogger. My blog would be the most boring blog in the world because I would have nothing to talk about.
But who am I kidding. I’d talk about cheese even if I did have a bunch of other things to talk about.
Anyway, nothing very eventful happens to me at home, but outside anything can turn into a story. Quickly stopping by Lululemon can turn into a story. Going to the gas station can turn into a story. But at home, I don’t have a lot to work with.
I guess I have the cats. But since they mostly just do this all day long…
I don’t think they would add a ton of excitement.
2. I could never be a stay-at-home anything. I really thrive on social interaction. Even just going into my small office and having people around if I need someone to talk to works fine for me. I am just not very motivated to do much when I am at home, with nowhere to be, nothing concrete to do, too much time to procrastinate, too many books to read, a cat that wants to snuggle 24/7, and too many pairs of sweatpants.
If I was home every day, I think I would self-destruct. I need to feel like I am successfully contributing to society to feel like myself.
Not saying I didn’t enjoy myself, but my motivation was pretty much non-existent. I could barely motivate myself to get to a 9:30am gym class. Or take a shower.
So the past couple of weeks have just reiterated to me that I love my job, I love having a job to go to every day, and I love the people I work with. The routine keeps me motivated and doing stuff. And I always feel better when I am doing stuff.
3. Don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed my vacation and the break was much-needed. I actually did get a lot done around the house, and the de-stress time was invaluable. I truly took a vacation from everything, and I feel refreshed and ready to put my productive pants back on.
Though I’m sure this time next week I’ll be wishing for another holiday.
4. I watched the entire season of Big Brother 11 over the past two weeks.
Yes that is about 30 episodes at one hour each, though I did fast-forward through the recaps (which is sometimes almost half of the episode).
It was the one where Jeff and Jordan met and fell in love, which is what had me so engaged. I am a cheesy minx, and I love love. I only started watching Big Brother in season 12, so I knew J & J from BB13 when they came back for the the Dynamic Duos twist. I seriously cannot get enough of them. It’s creepy.
Anyway, I watched an entire season of Big Brother, and man, being in that house would be crazy. The stress would be ridiculous, people lie and are talking crap about you constantly, and they continually scheme ways to get you out.
And if I was in a house with Rachel and Brendon…
I don’t think I could even pretend to be happy.
They are so annoying. I do not love their love at all. And I’m pretty sure nobody likes them.
Craziness aside, I kind of want to be on Big Brother and I’m sad that Canadians aren’t allowed. We totally get shafted on reality shows up here. We can’t be on Survivor, The Amazing Race, Big Brother, or the Bachelor (not that I would want to be on that last one, I’m just saying).
I harbour (yes, harbOUr) a slight resentment towards you cheeky Americans for this, not going to lie.
All we have is So You Think You Can Dance Canada, and I can’t dance aside from my signature dance move:
So that is not an option for me.
5. It’s the Monday after the holidays and a clean slate, in my opinion. I am hoping to get back into my regular routine of working, blogging, gymming, and healthy eating as soon as possible.
I forget what it feels like to accomplish things, so hopefully I can remember how to do all of that.
Hope you guys have a great and productive Monday!