1. This sucker is decorated!
We did the tree trimming things while we listened to Evan’s Nana’s original Elvis Christmas record. It was very nice. I’d show you a picture of our tree in the daylight, but I haven’t even seen it in the daylight yet. Oh winter, you are fun.
2. The best store bought cookies I have ever tried (besides The Decadent, but those are on another level altogether)
They’re like little cakes!
3. Chris Hadfield (the first Canadian to walk in space!) did a Reddit Ask Me Anything (-click there to read it). He answers a lot of the questions you would actually have (What happens when you sneeze in your helmet?) and it was really cool to read. And he seems overwhelmingly nice!
4. This is how Winnie greets Evan every single day. She is very excited to see him. Her meow means PET ME PET ME, and then when it gets all guttural she is saying WET FOOD WET FOOD.
Notice how Winnie is leading Evan to the ottoman. The petting must ALWAYS take place on the ottoman. Always.
5. Speaking of Winnie, she has just been doing fabulously lately and I seem to have figured out a good wet to dry food ratio to counteract her digestive issues. Of course, her diligent yoga practice also helps.
6. I saw this in TV Showcase and I’m pretty sure it would be Winnie’s dream.
She is a stylin’ kitty and she loooves to be brushed. Maybe if she is a good cat this year Santa will bring it for Christmas.
Those litter liners next to this though, no. Cat claws just tear right through those and then you are worse off than when you started, litter everywhere.
7. Evan bought me a new camera a few weeks ago because one of mine was having some lens issues after Jamaica (I bought it FOR Jamaica) and my waterproof camera doesn’t take great photos. He got me this Samsung camera with the screen on the front so I can take selfies if I want (so thoughtful).
I loved it! I was so excited. I brought it to its very first outing, a dinner, which I normally wouldn’t even bring a camera to but I was excited…and I accidentally dropped it. It fell off a high table onto a tile floor. I broke it the very first time I used it. Well, it still works, but the screen on the front doesn’t work, which is the whole point of that camera in the first place. This is the only picture that front screen ever took:
SUPER flattering. I feel like it is automatically photoshopping our faces. So this is very disappointing and I felt really bad about it. (We can’t exchange it because it is the last camera left with the front screen, they are no longer making them. And also it’s obvious the camera was dropped as there is a chunk out of the plastic in the corner…)
And this is why I can’t have nice things.
8. We be runnin’!
We’re on Couch to 5k Week 2 Day 2 (I got that app when it was free, by the way, it’s $2.99 now but I think there are other free ones). So far so good. No one is ever in this cardio room, so Evan and I have the room to ourselves and always go for the side by side treadmills so we can do silly things for each other while running (or walking, I like to march). It’s actually a fun time.
9. Last night I tried running in a sports bra from Target. It was a high impact one, like the highest impact one you can get from Target, and nope. Not a good scene. My nungas wanted outta there. They were off the hook trying to escape. I have talked about this before. Moving Comfort, it would appear, is still the only sports bra I can wear for running. Lesson learned.
10. Remember my good pal Gillian? My favourite personal trainer who made it difficult for me to walk for an entire week? She is opening a new studio on Monday in the Yonge and Lawrence area, and they’re offering FREE FITNESS CLASSES to celebrate until the end of December. Go hit them up. InspiraAthletica.com.
11. Evan’s lentils and rice. So, so good.
And spicy pickle on the side.
Really amazing combo. Evan’s cooking really tickles my tastebuds.
12. TIS THE SEASON!
For Icy Squares! I originally picked these up for Evan’s stocking but…I just couldn’t wait. I cannot get enough.
That’s it, hope your week is fabulous!